What no one told me about being a parent (a work in progress):
1. Onesies are a silly piece of clothing, especially for a newborn! If the baby gets a blowout, there's no other way to get that piece of clothing off than by pulling it over their head!
2. The brand "Crayola" is not synonymous with "washable". I guess not all Crayola markers are washable. Just the ones that say washable.
3. Painting your toenails in front of your 2 year old son, then putting the nail polish on the counter instead of in the cabinet, does not constitute a good idea.
4. Asking your 2 year old to watch your 9 month old sit on the couch while you pour your coffee is probably not a great idea. Especially when your child listens, and watches...as 9 month old rolls right off the couch!
5. When your youngest starts to walk, you will most likely start to cry. Or atleast get a little teary.
6. If you tell your 2 year old son not to walk on the floor because it is slippery, he WILL walk on the floor BECAUSE it is slippery.
7. Sometimes, it's not a bad thing when your ears get plugged up. It muffles the screaming coming from the kids when they are fighting over toys.
8. If 3 days was a long time with your mother-in-law before you had kids, 2 weeks is definitely a long time with your mother-in-law and kids!
Send me your e-mails with your mommy files! If you have a blog, please include the URL so that I can link back to you.