After I had my baby shower when I was pregnant with my son, I sat in what would be his room, surrounded by a ton of baby shower gift bags. I had lots of clothes, diapers and wipes. I was very blessed.
What I did not have, and didn't know at the time exactly what I would really need, was my hospital bag for when I went into labor!
After the birth of my son, I realized that one gift that would really help a mommy-to-be is a hospital bag! Or at least some items that should go into a hospital overnight bag.
I often am able to pull from my stash to prepare hospital bags for moms to be. Here is a list of items you can include:
- Chap stick
- Shampoo (good smelling stuff, moms deserve it!)
- Conditioner (something that will leave their hair extra silky)
- Energizing body wash (mint or eucalyptus is great)
- Ponytail holders
- Lipstick (so mom can freshen up before pictures)
- Facial cleansing wipes that require no water
- Toothbrush/toothpaste kit
- Hand lotion
- Hand sanitizer
- Heavy duty overnight maxi pads (I hate the hospital ones!)
- A few magazines. After the baby is born, there will be some down time, and the mom might get bored. I did!
- High fiber granola bars.
- Crystal light packets to add to bottled or hospital water.
- Starbucks VIA packets...for the Dad!
- A disposable camera
- Printable coloring pages and a few crayons if mom-to-be will have kids waiting in the waiting room for her.
What is your favorite gift to give or receive for baby showers? How do you feel about giving/receiving "frugal" gifts?